Mac N Cheese
I have been in search for the perfect Mac N Cheese recipe... I have made recipe after recipe but until tonight I could not make one better than my Aunt Shirley's. I always wanted Aunt Shirley's recipe, but she was one of these cooks that she never knew what she put into anything. She just went to the fridge and started dumping ingredients into a bowl. Therefore... No recipe! I was blogging with a dear friend RR Mama and she told me that she had a great Mac N Cheese. Well, of course she sent it to me, I made a simple adjustment that I had found that was a special ingredient and here it is........
RR Mama and MamaE's
version of Mac N Cheese!!!!
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces Cheddar Cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces Velvetta Cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 4 slices American Cheese, cut into pieces for top
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon saltPreheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 X 13 inch baking dish and set aside. In as saucepan, cook macaroni according to package directions, drain. Return macaroni to saucepan or other bowl.
While macaroni is hot, add the Cheddar Cheese and the Velvetta Cheese to the bowl; stir well. Spread the macaroni mixture in the prepared baking dish.
In a bowl whisk together the milk, sour cream, eggs, butter, and salt. If you drop a little salt as I did........... add a little more!!!!!Pour the milk mixture over the macaroni. Add the cut up American Cheese on top. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.Makes 8 servings or at my house 4 servings!!!!! MEN
I am trying this again next week with pepper jack cheese!ENJOY!!