Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Standing on Holy Ground....



One of the first decisions Whit and JD made was to go barefooted at their wedding.
Exodus 3:5
"Do not come any closer," God said. "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground."
Whit created a large blackboard for the entry of the wedding which invited everyone to remove their shoes for the wedding. As Whitney walked down the aisle with her daddy, Starla Harbin (our cousin) performed Holy Ground. I knew the Lord was surrounding each one of us at the wedding. Under the Special Touches for our Wedding, Whitney wrote.......

Barefoot - Exodus 3:5 "Then he said, "Do not come near; take your sandals off your feet for the place on which you are standing is Holy Ground."
We believe marriage is a very sacred and holy vow to another and above all to God. As "marriage should be honored by all (Heb.13:4)," we have asked our bridal party and anyone else who would like to partake in this honoring of marriage to remove their shoes... for you are now standing on Holy Ground.

10 comments:

Kathy@ Gone North said...

I saw this on one of your previous posts & came close to tears at how sweet this is.
What a great thought...
It looks like it was a beautiful, perfect wedding!!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

I love this! So precious!

I have a daughter that is very close to marriage. I am going to share this idea with her!

Thanks for sharing this!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Mary said...

I love that they did this!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Yvette, I do love this!
Just beautiful.....

Hugs,
Lynn♥

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Beautiful wedding ritual, beautiful wedding party, beautiful post....Thanks for sharing:-)

Vicki@MorePowerfulBeyondMeasure said...

Such a beautiful thought, a wonderful foundation for a wedding. God bless.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Evette, this gave me chills! I absolutely LOVE that song and have sung it in church many many times and it just brings me to my knees!

What a beautiful cermony it must have been...

Lou Cinda :)

RR Mama said...

Beautiful pictures. Glad you are back, you were missed!!!

Sueann said...

So beautiful! The Scripture and the act of standing with bare feet...awesome!
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

The Charm House II

Charm House I

I will turn Blessings into Praise!

I will turn Blessings into Praise!