Friday, January 23, 2009

Makeover for Fireplace Mantle....

It was time for a change for the fireplace mantle....
I used my Red Candle Holders and Sphere from Hobby Lobby....
My beautiful Wooden Trinket Box from Big Lots filled nuts and vine balls......
Readers Digest Books from Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, Goodwill and wherever else I can find them for .50 cents or less.......
And to finish it off~ Beautiful dried Boxwood topiary that I found at a wonderful antique store between Atlanta and Auburn University on I85.
So.... How do you like it?
Would you like to come into this room,
cozy up to a warm fire with a book?
Or.... Do I need to change something?
I am always open to new ideas!

7 comments:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Your mantel looks very nice! Have a great weekend!

kathy said...

The only thing that would make it perfect - is good conversation with my blog friend -- and a cup of tea - so so lovely Kathy - ga

Becky Garrison said...

The mantle is lovely, the only thing I can see that needs is something a little lighter on the left side to balance out the lightness of those terracotta pots. Balance wise that would be nice. But that's just me, and it really does look lovely! Blessings, Becky

Sue said...

It looks so nice...You did a good job...Love the vine balls....
Hugs
Sue

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

It's beautiful!! I love the stone fireplace.

Antiques and More Blog said...

Good day Yvette! I have an award waiting for you on my blog. Love the mantle the way it is, beautiful!

Have a wonderful weekend.
Lisa

Sueann said...

The mantle is beautiful....I would add some more fru-fru on the ledge itself; ie. vines, lace something like that. But it is "me" that would do it. This is your mantle and your cozy place.
Wish we could get together and have a cup of coffee.
Hugs
SueAnn

The Charm House II

Charm House I

I will turn Blessings into Praise!

I will turn Blessings into Praise!