Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Birdies Nest ChatterBlock project...

My little birdies nest will just not go away. I lay in bed at night and the ideas just pop into my head! I love it! The night before last I remembered this wonderful Bible verse and I had to use it with my new nest. I thought to myself ~ "Self, there is no better way to use this verse than on your ChatterBlocks"! So, Self got up the next morning and started working on it! I just could not help myself! If you notice closely, I even used a little Titan Buff paint and Baby Blue paint.
Oh... And see the fibers and feathers in the nest!
So easy to mix in with the shredded paper!
Not my colors~ But I love this little piece!
It is going in a very special place and I will tell you all about it tomorrow!
I can't wait to share my SURPRISE with you!
It is a HUGE FAITH step for me~
Love you ALL!!
Psalm 91:4
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

9 comments:

Tiedupmemories said...

So very sweet!I know what you mean when your lying in bed and have an idea!You can't wait to get up in the morning to get started!Thanks for sharing!
Tracy

RR Mama said...

I have to know...do you sleep with note pad on your night stand to write down all of your wonderful ideas at night as you dream sweet thoughts of new creations? This is a beautiful piece. I can't wait to see where it's going.

kathy said...

Yvette - love the nest and the scripture is the icing on the cake so to speak -- Love your ideas --
trying to finish up swaps --
so not much blogging time - kathy - ga

Anonymous said...

Yvette that is just so sweet and I do love that verse...very comforting.
I have had those same nights, when my little brain just won't quit creating..lol!

Have a wonderful day~
Hugs, Lynn

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Oh my this is one of my favorite verses. I have used this before on my blog. It is funny how this one verse has touched so many people, I guess God planned it this way. Love what you did with the bird's nest, so talented you are. Rosemarie

kari and kijsa said...

This is so cute! We like to leave your blog on the screen for the fabulous music!

blessings, kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvette, I was delighted that you visited The Vintage Nest and hope you'll be back often. The door is always open. You know that bird nests hold a special place in my heart and so do all the sweet birds that are just singing away today. They have no idea the economy is as bad as the media tells us it is. They just keep singing and enjoying the warm sunshine. I loved your tutorial because just the other day I tried to make a nest out of shredded paper. I used watered down elmer's white glue and draped the paper over a bowl. LOL...It worked but it was a mess and I wasn't thrilled with the results. I will definitely try yours. It's precious! ~ Miles of Smiles ~ Lynn

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful. I have not seen anything like this,but anyone would be proud to own one im sure.

sassydesigns said...

Amen! I luv this Yvette! His feathers do shield us! A great comfort when we struggle. I love those idea's that just pop in our heads I think sometimes they are the best ones. Take care my friend, hugs,
Dee

The Charm House II

Charm House I

I will turn Blessings into Praise!

I will turn Blessings into Praise!