Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Charm House ~ Tour of Collections...

Being an Artist, I tend to have a Collection of many objects- buttons, spools of thread, coins, shells, rocks, doorknobs, the list can go on and on....
Today I decided to show a Few of my favorite Collections~
So, Sit back, gather one of your old records, sip on some coffee and Enjoy...
Tour of Collections
The Charm House
My newest Collection because of my
Pink, Black and White Bridal Showers~
Milk Glass!
Readers Digest Books~ Which can be purchased for as little as .50 cents a piece.
Vintage Jewlery....
Sometimes I wear it,
sometimes I use it instead of a bow,
sometimes I use it for my Altered Art! Collection of old Tins....
Downstairs Basement ~ Fun Place to relive yourself!!
When I was younger, the lady that kept me would burn them!
I would beg her to let me keep them, if she only knew now...
As you can tell, I throw away very little..
My mother's old grease pot.
Trinkets from children in my Kids Praise Team at Church and
Clay pots that my children made...
And we can't leave out my son's old Tonka Trucks. I use them in the herb garden.

Whoops... The driver dumped them in the wrong place!

I hoped you enjoy my Tour of Collections!

A Collection can be built on anything and is good training for a child at any age! It gives them something to strive for and search out. And who says it has to cost much!

Look for my Tips for starting a Free Collection for a Family that are coming next week!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you collection of old tins! It is so neat to see how they have changed over time. :)

Tiedupmemories said...

I love looking at all your collections!They are so much fun! I love the tins too and the jewelry of course!I wish I had a mound of it but I'm always using it in my own jewelry that I make.Anyways thanks for sharing!Now I'm off to post about my small collections. P.s I'm still new in blogland....what is linking/ and what does it do? I know so sad. I always see link to this post. Does that mean link to it if it's the same subject?Silly me I don't know!
Tracy

Kelly B said...

I love your collections!! Especially your milk glass collection. I keep finding milk glass and buying it up whenever I can. I remember having milk glass in my room when I was little. My Mom also likes it... so sentimental to me!! :) Thanks for sharing!! :)

Cindy said...

Love your collections! especially the vintage jewelry!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love your collections! I especially like the Milk Glass and tins. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for hosting this collections party. I love to see what other people collect; sharing our collections is all part of enjoying them.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

thank you for hosting this event and your collection is lovely especially milk glass.. thanks for sharing and have a nice day!

The Charm House II

Charm House I

I will turn Blessings into Praise!

I will turn Blessings into Praise!