Monday, May 11, 2009

Art & Soul....

Hampton Roads Convention Center in Virginia
As a student of Architecture, this was such an awesome structure!
Is this not cool?
A small picture of the room where we
could purchase all the goodies we wanted and needed!
And now ...... for the best~ a picture of Lisa Kaus and me!
Lisa made everything so simple and I was amazed at her thought process.
Her work has always intrigued me.... I think that is because of her love of using shapes, beeswax and most importantly her imagination~ So creative!
A work in process.....
I loved this class and my piece of art that I was creating.
My wonderful and talented table partner, Amanda. One of the things I found so amazing about our class .... Each piece was totally different. Lisa was awesome to encourage us to use our own thoughts about our own work~

I will try to put up a better picture of my piece tomorrow
and the piece that I purchased of Lisa's~

9 comments:

Sue said...

It looks like it was a wonderful event and I love your creation!

Mary said...

Oh Yvette, I love what you did!! It's beautiful!

I must tell you I am a bit jealous!!
I want to learn how to do that!!

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Hugs

RR Mama said...

Beautiful! Glad you are back! Hope you are feeling better too. How's was Mother's Day? Hope it was wonderful!!!

sassydesigns said...

Gorgeous piece of art Yvette!
Looks like a blast! Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day, have a great week.
hugs,
Dee

Jean Tuthill said...

The piece that you did is wonderful! It sounds like a great event and that you really enjoyed the creativity. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's day, as I did.

One Vintage Hag said...

mrs. charm house,
amazing, just simply amazing. love your creativity. i gave lindsey here present memory book this afternoon at her school shower ~ she lOVED it. will be using to record all her shower(s) gifts. thanks for sharing all your wonderful talents.
xo,
~one vintage hag

sassytrash said...

Hi Yvette, I will hang onto the cream pitcher you saw on my blog for you unless you are coming to Lakewood, otherwise I will just get with you later--your art retreat looked like such an awesome experience! Love your creation, and can't wait to see more photos!

Anonymous said...

I am enviuos I can send more photos of dresses..late shipping ..broke!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

What a great post! My dd and I talk about heaven a lot. Your creation is WONDERFUL! Looks like it was a great class.

The Charm House II

Charm House I

I will turn Blessings into Praise!

I will turn Blessings into Praise!