Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gifts to Encourage!

Some of the treats I left in my kids book bags and
lockers to encourage them through their days!

Have you ever been so overwhelmed by everything that you get out of your "groove" totally? Well, that is where I am at...... "Groove less" and Lost! I have had so much going on the last couple of months that somewhere I lost ME! I have not been able to do a piece of art since I arrived home from my ART RETREAT! (Isn't that a hoot... go somewhere and be so inspired and come home to tired to react on your inspiration!). Hopefully this is the week to pull myself back together, get back into my daily routine! Because of this lack of enthusiasm or whatever is causing my "rut" I am listing some of my favorite encouragements hoping to be inspired, encouraged and at the same time offering you ideas to encourage others! LOL


7-UP: 'Seven up-lifting' thoughts for a good week!
Angel: Thanks for being such an 'angel'!
Apple Cider/Wassail mix: A little something to spice up a cold winter day!
Basket of Bath Items: When you feel like a basket case, take a break, and slow your pace!
Bath salts: Some days can be a strain on your body and your brain, so when you feel stressed, a hot bath is best, it truly will help keep you sane!
Bubble Gum or Bubble bath: May your day bubble over with fun!
Cupcakes or Cake: You take the 'cake' _______. We think you're first rate!
Candle: Thanks for letting your light shine!
Cinnamon Rolls: Here's a sweet treat 'rolled up' with warm wishes!
Donut: 'Donut' you know we love you?
Gummy Bears: You're 'beary' special!
Jolly Ranchers: Have a Jolly day!
Kool-aid (with pitcher): Thanks for being a 'kool-aid' when things were tough!
Life Savers: You've been a life saver!
Loaf of Bread:
For being there when you were 'kneaded',
for 'rising' to the occasion, large or small.
For never 'loafing' on the job and
Helping others 'heel' through it all.
No matter how you slice it, you are an amazing person. Thank you for all you do!
Measuring Cups or Spoons: Wishing you a joy beyond measure! (Great Wedding gift topper)
Nuts: I'm nuts about you!
Oven mitt filled with treats: I have to ad-mitt, you're a great neighbor (friend, teacher)!
Pasta and spaghetti sauce: Have a pasta-tively easy dinner tonight!
Peanut Brittle: It doesn't matter how you break it, you're the greatest!
Pencil and Notepad: Just a note of Thanks!
Pie: No matter how you slice it, you're a great dish!
Popcorn or Caramel Corn: Just 'popped' by to wish you well!
Popcorn Balls: Hope you have a ball!
Rice Krispie Treats: Snap, Crackle, Pop! I think you're tops!
Root Beer: We're 'root-ing' for you to have a great day!
Salsa and tortilla chips: Have a hot and spicy day!
Snicker's bar: When I am around you I snicker!
Soda: Pop, pop, fizz, fizz. Oh what a great dad you is! (Fun for Father's day)
Soup: You're Souper!
Sparklers: I love to see your sparkling smile, it makes me want to smile!
Swedish Fish: Catch the spirit!
Sweet Treat: Wishing you a day filled with sweetness!
Sweet Treat: You're so sweet. Having you as a friend (neighbor) is a real treat!
Whopper: Hope you have a 'whopper' of a day!

5 comments:

Faye said...

Goodmorning Yevette!You are so sweet.I loved your ideas.Please keep me in your prayers.I will have another CT scan this week.Hope you have a great day! Blessings, Faye

RR Mama said...

Great ideas! I hope you are feeling better soon! It's not like you not to have some sort of creative project going. Hope you had a great weekend!

sassydesigns said...

Hi Yvette!
Hope all is well and you find your groove soon! I have an award for you on my blog, stop by if you get a chance! Luv,
Dee

Unknown said...

I hope you get some time too! I know that you totally love to create! I hope you get a lot of time this week to find you : ). And create some lovely pieces. I love everything you make. I am always inspired!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

What creative gifts. Thanks for the list I love it!

The Charm House II

Charm House I

I will turn Blessings into Praise!

I will turn Blessings into Praise!