Monday, July 27, 2009

I Missed You....

JD (our surprise visitor) and Whit
The Bay
My favorite flower on the Island
One of the many beautiful homes on St. George
Beautiful!!!
Have you ever just decided that you would hop in the car and just take a good ROAD TRIP??? Well, that's what I did Monday afternoon after working at The Vintage Village! I got home, had mentioned to Whit about going to the beach soon, she INSISTED we throw "stuff" in the car and leave at 5:00 in the afternoon. Now as a grown adult I knew this trip was NOT to be made at night but for some reason my 21 year old Senior at Auburn University daughter TALKED me into doing this. The drive was fine until we hit Highway 27..... A very long four lane road (they must have someone POWERFUL representing them to get this road). We have to go about 120 miles on this road and it is boring..... All you see is those metal, haunting, silver and orange plates that are suppose to keep you on the road! You very rarely pass a car and there is probably 50 miles between gas stations (for us that meant no drinks and snacks). Spooky, but not spooky enough. At 11:00 we hit Highway 65, the most gruesome, scary road in Florida. You have to go through a National Forest, they call it Tate's Hell....... Are you getting the picture now!!! We had to laugh the whole way or we would have cried!!!
All I can say is Thank Goodness for the TRIP feature on my car. We knew the end was close!

Anyways.... we had a great week full of the most perfect weather, swimming, shopping, cooking and Whit had a surprise visitor from her Young Man on Friday! Everything Was So Awesome!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Oh I have missed you too girl!!
What a great idea from Whit - and so glad you went with it. I know you two had a wonderful time together, and what precious memories!

And - what a cutie her friend is!! :)
They look good together.

I love you!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Spur of the moment is such fun. I'm glad you had a great time. Hugs, Marty

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I agree, spur of the moment are usually always the best!! Just Do It!! Plus you got to spend quality time with your beautiful daughter! Fun times!

Lou Cinda :)

Anonymous said...

Oh you girls are BRAVE~~to drive that drive so late at night! Ah but the destination was well worth it!!
Whit and her "young man" make a beautiful couple!!
Thanks so much for sharing your little escapade with us!
Hugs,
Lynn♥

Linda Jo said...

Sounds like it was worth it. I am afraid I would've put my foot down and not gotten to have that memory...a memory you will always have.

RR Mama said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you went and had a good time!

The Charm House II

Charm House I

I will turn Blessings into Praise!

I will turn Blessings into Praise!