Monday, October 18, 2010

ATC Swap and Update on My Going On's....

I cannot believe that Halloween is right around the corner. It has to be my favorite time of the year for my neighborhood. We have about 150 little, haunting guest visit us each year. I always try to have somewhat of a theme to decorate with and to use for my goody bags! I am so behind this season.... My thoughts, mind and heart have been with my mother, father and sister! My daddy became very ill two weeks ago and he was put into CCU in a hospital in Augusta, Georgia. They discovered he had a blood infection, UTI infection and a staff infection. All three of these and there was still a missing infection that was making him so sick. Daddy is a very healthy man, playing golf several times a week with his buddies. To know he is this sick has been terrible. Prayers have been showered all over him and a few days ago they finally found the other bacteria and immediately began to treat it. He is so very much better and hopefully soon, mom and dad can return home and my sister can come return home back to her home. It has been a struggle for me, having to sit back and just watch. With my health the way it is, I could not go and visit. I thank all of you for your prayers and thoughts!
Yesterday was one of the two days the tears covered me. The first was when I grew tired of worry and was upset about not being able to see him. Yesterday tears were Tears of PRAISE. We had special prayer for a Church in our area and this verse was given during the prayer...
Philippians 4:4-9
4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
I heard this verse that I love so dearly and the flood gates of Praise opened wide!
I also wanted to share my beautiful ATC from
Susan at Art of Mine http://sjmcdowell.blogspot.com/
Our theme was DARK...... She drew her inspiration from a Ghost tour she went on with her oldest son. They went to Savannah, Georgia and went on the Hearse Ghost Tour, driving through the grounds of the old deserted hospital dating back to the Civil War times. Susan kept looking at the windows imaging a ghostly figure might be staring back at her! Sounds like a wonderful trip! Spooky!!! Hope today is going to be as awesome as I think it is going to be!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Yvette...I am so sorry for your dispair in not being able to be with your Dad. That happened to me in 2006, when my Dad was in the hospital in Florida. I finally was able to go there and be with him and my mom. Praise God he recovered and I know your Daddy will be better very very soon!

I dearly love this scripture~what a perfect message for us to alwasy keep in out hearts.

Hugs and love,
Lynn♥

Angela said...

Yvette,
Just stopped to say I saw your ATC card at Susan's blog...it is just awesome. You both did an awesome job. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.
Take care of yourself..and your dad.
Angela

Sueann said...

Love the ATC...awesome!
And it is such good news that they have discovered the bacteria that has been plaguing your father. Now he should be able to recover and return home.
This is one of my favorite scriptures. It is so full of joy and hope!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Mary said...

Good morning Yvette, so very thankful your Daddy is recovering. Will be praying for complete healing. And that your sweet heart be comforted.

Grace and Peace!

DeeDee said...

Wow...Wow...This card is DARK...I love the dimensions alot...and your little house with the moon too.

I hope your dad is well soon...that is so hard when you are away..sending hugs and prayers.

The Charm House II

Charm House I

I will turn Blessings into Praise!

I will turn Blessings into Praise!