Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mother's Fall Garden.....

True peace for me is found outdoors. There is something about having the sky above me and the soil below me that makes me feel free from everything. I have always loved to walk gardens, admiring the flowers, taking in the different scents. I know this love comes from my mother, who also received this blessing from her mother. As a child I would roam my grandmother's yard picking all kinds of flowers. As a young adult I would look for young plants to take home for my own garden. Now, I do the same in my mother's garden. In all three homes I have lived in, I have left generations of plants that my family tended and loved. I wanted to share a few pictures of my mother's gardens with you. This is just a small sampling of all her yard has to offer. MOM has sitting areas tucked all through her gardens. You can spend hours upon hours enjoying all the little surprises she has for you!


A rose that MOM and DAD actually transplanted from my Bold Springs garden.




MOM and DAD's home is at the end of a long road. This is the sign they put up with the name of their home.
One of many sitting areas my MOM has. This is my favorite!





Can you believe this fern???
It is hard to stop the squirrels from invading the bird's home.
God Bless America!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yvette these photos are beautiful...I love how she's made that lovely place to sit and take it all in. I can just see you as a child going thru your grandmother's gardens picking out your favorite flowers!! Thanks so much for sharing with us.
Blessings my friend!
Bevie

Mary said...

such an inviting sitting area, perfect for this time of year.

Yvette, take some time to rest there, you are due!!

Love to you!

larkswing said...

What beautiful spots! I love that seating area! Ahhh, I need to find an outside spot!

The Charm House II

Charm House I

I will turn Blessings into Praise!

I will turn Blessings into Praise!