Thursday, January 6, 2011

Meeting Outsider Artist Sam Granger....

Several months ago, I found a wonderful Folk Artist Sam Granger. I started keeping up with his facebook, reading the interesting stories behind his pieces. I quickly became attracted not only to his work, but the stories behind them. Sam is a Georgia artist and I knew I had to go and see his work in person. For Christmas, things started falling into place quickly. Sam offered his facebook members an opportunity to win a $50.00 gift certificate. I wanted that gift certificate!!! I had as many of my friends as I could "like" Sam. In the end I won! The greatest surprise came when I opened my Christmas gift from Whit and JD...... Her gift to me was a trip she had put together with Sam to meet him on January the 5th. Well, that day was yesterday and BOY was this a great present for me! Sam is one of the most gracious people I have ever met. His heart and love for his art goes far beyond what most artist have. His joy comes from seeing others enjoy his talents. We talked for over a hour of his love for the art, his stories behind the paintings and basically as he spoke you could see that he is not in it for the money, but something much, much higher!!! You can tell he loves the Lord through his work and that the Lord has gifted him immensely. As Whit and I were getting ready to leave, Sam looked at Whit and ask her to pick out a piece for herself. If I had not seen his heart within that hour, I would have been surprised at his generosity. But, Sam is that kind of guy..... He wants to share his love of the art as much as he can! Find Sam at http://www.samgfolkart.com/aboutme.html. I think you will enjoy his story and love for the art as much as I do! Thanks Sam for a great day!






3 comments:

Mary said...

oh, oh, oh!! What a wonderful gift. Whit and JD, way to go!!!

I know you had a blast!!

Must go visit his website.

Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a blessing Yvette! I can see the same thing in your heart when it comes to sharing your art with others...I still cherish the piece you gave me the first time we met! It hangs in my studio and I think of you everytime I look at it. It spells LOVE from a beautiful friend who loves Jesus! Love ya Yvette! xoxo

Sueann said...

What a thrill this must have been for you. To meet the artist is always a special treat!! And the pieces you both picked out are wonderful!!
Congrats
Hugs
SueAnn

The Charm House II

Charm House I

I will turn Blessings into Praise!

I will turn Blessings into Praise!