Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday's Tips...Candle Wax

Just don't forget about your candle sticks in the freezer


The wax where it has fell out of the candle holder


I have decided to devote my Tuesdays to "Tips around the House". Anything that makes life easier, I love it! Today's tip was an easy one to come with ............ As I pull the drawer open to my freezer downstairs to get some ice, I find a pair of candle sticks that I had purchased at a yard sale. I had forgot all about them because I rarely use this freezer, asking my husband to run up and down the stairs to do my errands! Now I know you are asking "why in the world would you put a pair of candle sticks in the freezer?"~ Well, this is the EASIEST way to get old candle wax off. The wax shrinks and just pops right off. If you have a votive and you have wax stuck in the bottom, stick the votive in the freezer for a few hours. When the votive is covered with an icy look it should be ready for the wax to pop out. Tap on the counter a couple of times and the wax should pop out immediately. If not take a knife and gently pry the wax out!

No comments:

The Charm House II

Charm House I

I will turn Blessings into Praise!

I will turn Blessings into Praise!