Thursday, September 11, 2008

God using an E-mail to answer my question...


I am so amazed how God can use everything and everyone to answer our prayers! Today I had a question answered through an e-mail that my dear friend Jesica sent me! She had no idea that God was using her, as always she was just the willing vessel! The e-mail was about the wonderful story of Beth Moore and the elderly gentleman that God had sent to Beth to brush his hair. If you have not read this e-mail, try to find it and read it. It had two scriptures following it ~ Matthew 6:22 and 1 Corinthians 15:10. Anyway this is how God used this simple e-mail to answer my question ~ Every year we have a great turn out for Halloween (Last year I had about 120 kids) here at the house. Every year I try to use it in some way to reach out to the community as a witness. For some reason God put the theme of Pirates on my heart early in the summer. I opened up my Lifeway magazine this week and saw where the new veggietale movie was a Pirate movie, so I said, "Ok God, I see where we are going with decorating the front of the house, but how am I going to work this into my goodie bags with a verse or message?"
I have read this Beth Moore story over and over but I have not ever taken the time to study the scriptures that went with it. When I looked at Matthew 6 there it was~ Matthew 6:21 - For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. The verse I will use in my goodie bags! God is good~ All the time! I am so excited! Now I have a start! I know God will use this in a POWERFUL way! He always does!

1 comment:

RR Mama said...

Yvette,

Thank you for your prayers! We are good right now. Hanging out in Gulf Shores. I woke up at 5:40 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. So I just sat ask God what he wanted me to do. I kept hearing the words "STILL". I know he is still the one in control. Making the decisions before I have even made mine. He is the one in charge when I think all has gone crazy. So for now I am going to be "STILL" in Gulf Shores but the Texas Girl is very anxious to get home and assess the damage and get moving on the repairs. My best friends stayed and checked out the house and are going to "shore" it up and take pictures until we can get back to look at the damage our selves. Thank you again for your prayers. You are an angel to me!

The Charm House II

Charm House I

I will turn Blessings into Praise!

I will turn Blessings into Praise!