Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday's Tips...Christmas is not far!


My Favorite Tradition (25 years) When My Children Were Younger!
Creating our Family Village!
It has all of our homes, our business, hopes and dreams of our children and their schools!
September is here and for many of us, Christmas is right around the corner! I know for me, I really have no desire to shop in the months of November and December, so all of my shopping has to be done by Halloween! I enjoy using the months of November and December to decorate and spend the time with my family! Buying and making gifts for me has become an important task.... I try so very hard to take into account the person, what they are like, what their year has been like, and what the desires of their heart are. Basically gifts for me are very important. I think there is a "True Art of Giving" and one has to work hard at finding it. But it can be found through God's word. Here are just a couple examples to use~

Acts 20:35 “The Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’

And my favorite...
James 2:14-17 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
I challenge you today~ take this time to sit down with your children and plan out some special gifts for family! Go ahead and try to make or purchase as many as you can so that November and December can be family time.

No comments:

The Charm House II

Charm House I

I will turn Blessings into Praise!

I will turn Blessings into Praise!