Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The Pioneer Woman and My Husband.....

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Reid is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude. Reid does not demand his own way. He is not irritable or touchy. He does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong. He is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever truth wins out.  He loves me, he will be loyal to me no matter what the cost. I will always believe in him, always expect the best of him, and always stand my ground in defending him.

Girls, it as simple as this..... 
Take 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 and replace the man you love in certain places. If he fits, then there is a better chance that he is the man God has waiting for you.

From the first time I met Reid on a blind date, I knew that he was the man for me. I actually called my mother and told her that I just went to lunch with the man I was going to marry.

We never knew that my life after the age of 30 would be covered in bad health. We never knew that my bad health would be our walk with the Lord to teach us and others about LOVE! 

Reid has given me story after story of strength, forgiveness, 
romance, passion and love.....

But this one has to be one of the best.......

Each year as soon as the tickets go on sale, Reid purchases our Country Living Fair tickets to Stone Mountain..... Not only that, he always purchases the "early bird" tickets to give me an advantage of seeing everything without the crowds. This is the one time of the year that I am encouraged and inspired by so many artist at one time. It's like a "work function" for me! Reid goes with me knowing that he will be the one waiting in lines, running my errands, my "gofer"........

This year with his new job that has been going incredibly well (It really was a "God Thing"), we decided that Sister would take me...... I appreciated her taking me so much, but it felt "weird" asking her to do some of the things that I would ask Reid to do.  

One of the guest this year was "The Pioneer Woman". I love this lady, her love for her husband and family; and her willingness to make us better cooks! I took my book, hoping for an autograph... The line was too long and I knew that I did not have the strength to stand in it. 
So, home I went without my book being signed.

Returning home, I found Reid with a heart that was sad because he didn't go with me, then he found out my book did not get signed. He really felt bad and it took me the longest time to convince him that it was alright, but next year we will remember the importance of us doing this together.


Weeks and weeks later....... I opened the front door to find a package on the door steps from The Pioneer Woman. It was her new book "DinnerTime"! I immediately called Reid to thank him and he said, "I didn't do it, it must have been Sonya (Sister)". He ask if it had been signed and I said, "I don't think so". That did it, I knew he had done this. So, I looked harder for her autograph..... There it was for me!!!!


I was so excited and then he told me his story.

He felt so bad about me not getting my book signed that he contacted Ree Drummond herself.  He told her the story of us attending the Country Living Fair each year together, my health problems, him being my "gofer" and that this year he didn't get to go with me and he felt bad that my book did not get signed. 

This lady is even
more incredible than I realized...... 
She told Reid that she would send him another book that was autographed..... He offered to pay for it, but she said that your wife has already paid for one so have this one as a gift! WOW!!!!

All of this is just an awesome story of the love and goodness of God and his people! Yes, I knew that Reid was the one that God had on hold for me.  But, I never knew that Reid (my husband) would be the man that he is today!

Life is Good!!!!



No comments:

The Charm House II

Charm House I

I will turn Blessings into Praise!

I will turn Blessings into Praise!